The Ross County Courthouse was designed by architects Edward Collins and Charles Autenrieth. The courthouse, located at 2 North Paint Street, was constructed in 1858 and has a clock tower with four clock faces that are run by a 1867 A. S. Hotchkiss movement and motion works. We were hired to do a complete restoration of the tower clock mechanism, including the drive train and replacing the clock hands. We started the restoration in 2015, completing the project in 2016.
Chillicothe was the first and third capital for the state of Ohio, from 1803 to 1816.